Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I’m a happier man today: Hrithik Roshan

Hrithik RoshanFor the last six months, Hrithik Roshan, who has been shooting for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Guzaarish, has been viewing the world through the eyes of a dead man. And the experience has changed him too.

“I’m no longer insecure and little things in the media bother me anymore. I’m a happier man today,” asserts the actor, who in the film starts out as a magician, but following an accident becomes a paraplegic.

No talk
Moving a step further away from Kites, Roshan says he completely let himself go for Guzaarish and asserts that these are the kinds of films he wants to do now. “I want to be me without having to worry about whether the role will take me a rung up or bring me down. Either way, it’ll only help me find myself as an actor,” he points out.

So, was Bhansali, the taskmaster that he’s known to be, throwing tantrums and mobile phones at the drop of a hat? Roshan smiles, “I shot for the film for 100 days. For 90 days, I would go on the sets and we wouldn’t exchange a word all day. I would just sit in a corner and wait for him to say ‘Action,’ There were no discussions, no complaints, yet we connected on a spiritual plane. He knew what I wanted and took good care. I’m indebted to him for life.”

He adds that Bhansali has been much misunderstood by people with small minds who are always ready to judge others. “I could see the passion in him and the need to achieve the best. Both Kites and Guzaarish are going to be milestones in my career in terms of my evolution as an actor,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment