Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bold and beautiful

Hrithik & Barbara for Kites
Hrithik & Barbara for Kites

Kites' leading lady Barbara Mori on her Bollywood experience, the Roshans and more

As the much-hyped film Kites featuring Hrithik Roshan and Mexican actor Barbara Mori hits the screens today, Barbara gets candid about why the film is special to her, her relationship with Hrithik and how she managed with the Hindi dialogue.

Have you heard of Bollywood before?

I had never heard of Bollywood till Rakesh Roshan approached me for Kites. I didn't know that it was such a big film industry. We in Mexico haven't seen any Indian films.

What was it like working in Bollywood?

The experience is different from the films I have done in Mexico. It is my first English movie, my first Hindi film, my first action movie and also, my first big budget movie. In that way, Kites is special to me.

What made you agree to do Kites?

When I heard the story of Kites from Anurag Basu and Rakesh Roshan in Los Angeles, it got me interested. I liked the whole idea of two people falling in love despite the fact that they couldn't understand each other's language. The credit also goes to Anurag Basu for being a good narrator.

How was your experience with the Roshans?

They are great and treat me really well. They always make me feel at home. Rakesh, Hrithik and Suzanne have been really kind to me.

Have you watched any Indian films?

No, I have not seen any Indian films other than Hrithik's Jodha Akbar, Lakshay and Koi Mil Gaya. I didn't know who Hrithik was till I watched these movies.

What do you have to say about the stories linking you up with Hrithik?

Well, Hrithik and I had a hearty laugh at them. They used to bother me in the beginning, but I guess this industry comes with such a parcel. (laughs)

Which was your most difficult scene in the movie?

The one where we had to shoot underwater. We had to go down with oxygen masks and act. I dislike seaside and water.

How did you manage with the Hindi dialogue?

Anurag would talk in Hindi and I would have to stop him as I wouldn't understand the language. Hrithik would come to my rescue and translate it. He has been an immense support.

What next after Kites?

Well, I will go back to Mexico and do another film. Then I am producing and acting in a play. I've been offered another Bollywood film, about which I can't disclose anything as of now.


No comments:

Post a Comment