Friday, September 24, 2010

Kerry O'Brien steps away from ABC TV's 7.30 Report

After 15 years of presenting current affairs television, including helping to establish the Lateline program, Kerry O'Brien is resigning from his role as 7.30 Report presenter.

"The main thing I want to do over the next six months or so is find the most time I can to clear my head and contemplate new things," he reveals.

"I've been promising myself this for decades, that I would take time out, look at the rest of my life and maybe think of new things.

"If new things don't come, that's great, but if new things do come, that's great too.

"I'm hoping that a lot of things occur to me as possibilities," O'Brien adds.

One possibility that occurs to him is his replacement being English actress Miriam Margolyes, despite there being a host of suggestions ranging from the serious, such as Steve Cannane, to the absurd, such as Barry Humphries.

As soon as we know who it will be, we'll let you know...

Source http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/09/24/3021531.htm?site=sydney


No comments:

Post a Comment